Sunday, June 10, 2007

New Songs

At Linday's request I've uploaded this song. Lindsay, I tried and tried to upload the original recording, but couldn't make it happen for some reason. I hastily recorded this version. It is a little sloppy and flawed, but its the best I can do for the time being, until I can get a copy of the original from you. Note the absence of the cowbell (!) from the opening measures.

The Lounge Lizard Blues

This one is for Emily. She and her husband turned me on to this album by the Cowboy Junkies and this is my version of one of those songs.

Horse in the Country

This one is Joan Armatrading in London, I believe. A great song by a great vocalist.

Down to Zero

4 comments:

Emily Barton said...

Ian, wonderful! I want these both on my CD. How did you know A Horse in the Country is my favorite song from that album? BTW, when Bob's and my friend Hannas, who was breaking up with his girlfriend and heartbroken at the time, came from Vienna a few years back and stayed with us, we introduced him to that album, too. He listened to it over and over and over again.

IM said...

Black-Eyed Man is a great album. You all tuned me on to the Billy Bragg and Wilco album on that trip too. Good "my heart's broke" music.

Froshty said...

Black-eyed man is my favorite Cowboy Junkies album, too. Bob convinced me to buy--there's a shocker. Ian, you did a really great job of Horse in the Country--bravo and think Lounge Lizard Blues is one of your best songs.

Anonymous said...

glad you finally got that on. I'll send you the original electric version.